CW LEP - driving economic growth in Coventry & Warwickshire
The role of Coventry & Warwickshire Local Enterprise Partnership has grown and strengthened continuously since its inception in January 2011.
CW LEP is now the guiding force that ensures all private and public sector parties in the region are working together with a common, shared purpose – to make a difference to the economy and increase prosperity.
The LEP is legally incorporated with strong governance and a Board comprising leading business figures and key public sector and university representatives – all united under the leadership of Sir Peter Rigby.
4 key objectives
- To drive economic growth
- To help remove barriers to economic growth
- To help create high value jobs
- To co-ordinate local government co-operation and support
Key CW LEP successes
- Securing £24.4m Regional Growth Fund Round 3
- Consolidating this with Growing Places funding to create £36.2m aimed at helping three target areas – access to finance, support for strategic companies and for assistance to infrastructure and major projects
- A strong and united City Deal bid called Re-engineering Engineering: Raising our G-AME aimed at re-energising the region’s engineering skills which will also act as a catalyst for wider Advanced Manufacturing Enterprise growth
- A major planning initiative – the drawing up of an agreed common protocol with the six planning authorities across Coventry and Warwickshire to make life easier for firms looking to expand or for investors considering Coventry and Warwickshire as a location