CW LEP - strategy for growth
To achieve the key objectives of driving economic growth, removing the barriers to growth and creating high value jobs, CW LEP’s focus is on inward investment and growing existing businesses.
Particular attention is given to advanced engineering, low carbon vehicles, intelligent mobility and digital technology – those sectors of national and international excellence for Coventry and Warwickshire.
In terms of removing specific barriers to growth, CW LEP will concentrate on 5 core enablers:
- Strategic infrastructure – transport networks, having suitable sites for business and simplifying planning
- Further Education, Higher Education and skills – creating a workforce with the right skills for business
- Inward investment – providing compelling reasons and making it easy for companies to move into the region
- Funding, including access to finance – securing and distributing a fair share of available funding for Coventry and Warwickshire
- Low carbon challenge – addressing opportunities to put a high efficiency, low impact ‘wrapper’ around all other activities
To ensure that CW LEP make a real difference in these key areas, 8 fully aligned business groups, each chaired by a local business leader, report direct to the CW LEP Board.
The full short term growth strategy will be available to download at the end of February.