C&W Champions Ltd
Coventry & Warwickshire Champions unites businesses, organisations and individuals across the area in a powerful network to help develop and promote Coventry and Warwickshire and raise its profile.
Champions are proactive advocates for the area who influence how the area is perceived and portrayed, and make sure the area is talked about in the right places and by the right people as a great place to live, work, study and invest.
Coventry and Warwickshire Champions are proud, positive and passionate about their place. They recognise the difference they can make by championing the place professionally, publicly and with pride.
Role and responsibility:
- You view yourself as a guardian of the brand of Coventry and Warwickshire and seek to ‘talk up’ the brand and all that it represents.
- You commit, in time and resource, to being an advocate for Coventry and Warwickshire, our great, diverse, vibrant and entrepreneurial City and County.
- You commit time to attending Board meetings and, ad-hoc meetings/events and agree to attend at least three Board meetings per year.
- You evidence behaviours and practices which are ethical, genuine and trustworthy.
- You declare known Conflicts of Interest.
- You view the CW Place Board as having overarching responsibility for the success of Champions, and related activities, acting in the interests of the organisation rather than the interests of your organisation or business.
- You invest your time (and that of your organisation) in learning about the great assets of Coventry & Warwickshire in order that you can best ‘promote them’ to others.
- You seek out planned, strategic opportunities (alongside the day-to-day opportunities) to promote Coventry & Warwickshire as a place to invest.
- You become visible and known as a Champion for the area.
- You seek out opportunities to ‘externalise’ the messaging around Coventry & Warwickshire being a place to live, work, enjoy, and, importantly, invest.
- You commit your time, influence and networks to “tell the story” of Coventry & Warwickshire to the outside world.
- You identify opportunities to engage other organisations and/or businesses to engage and connect with CW Place and Champions and, of course, the Coventry & Warwickshire region.
- Substitution– only where agreed.
If there is a question that any member of the public would like to raise that is relevant to any agenda item, please email the question to email@example.com
C&W Champions Board Meeting Dates 2020