The Energy Capital Conference is all about understanding how regional and local government can work more effectively with national government - local and industry stakeholders are to play a critical role in accelerating the clean energy transition in the UK, maximising economic, social and environmental benefits for all.
The agenda is made up of a series of guest speakers and facilitated sessions, and includes:
- The launch of the Regional Energy Strategy in the context of the Local Industrial Strategy by The Mayor of the West Midlands, Andy Street.
- UK Energy System - Challenges and Futures
- Responses to energy system opportunities in Europe
- Responses to energy system opportunities in United States - Hear how Connecticut’s Green Bank is supporting the development of its state’s energy system with speakers Brian Farnen, General Counsel and Chief Legal Officer.
There are a series of facilitated sessions which you can choose to attend. You will have one option to choose in the morning and one in the afternoon. When you confirm your booking details you will be asked to confirm your session choice.
The morning sessions will be focussed around the city region’s role in different aspects of the energy system, and include:
- Energy Efficiency
The afternoon sessions will be focussed around which factors support the strengthening role of the regions in the UK energy system, and include:
- Cluster Development and Incubation
- Community Energy
- Infrastructure Finance Models
- Industrial Strategy and Energy Costs
Arrival will be 9am for registration, with the event due to finish at approximately 4.30pm.
Refreshments and lunch will be provided during the day and there will be networking opportunities available.