To ensure that the LEP area committee is fully representative of local partnerships this call for committee members is seeking individuals (in a non-remunerated capacity) that are able to represent partner groups from the following sectors:
- Business (2 representatives)
- Voluntary and Community Sector (1 representative)
- Equalities and Non Discrimination (1 representative)
- Rural (1 representative)
Coventry and Warwickshire Local Enterprise Partnership has been allocated approximately £116m from the European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF) Growth Programme for England (2014-2020) to help us achieve our vision for jobs, growth and prosperity.
The Local Enterprise Partnerships to date has been responsible for driving the production and delivery of the European Structural Investment Fund strategy which will make best use of the available funds and reflect the aims set out in the area’s Strategic Economic Plan. We are now working with partners to establish our LEP Area ESIF Local Management Committee that will represent partners moving forward at a LEP Area level.
The committee will ensure that:-
- Local strategic aims are considered alongside national strategic and operational objectives.
- Maximum impact is achieved through the Funds, thereby contributing to delivery of the overall national Operational Programmes.
It will also be responsible for:-
- Ensuring operational delivery of activity supported by the funds,
- Overseeing the development of an appropriate pipeline of proposals,
- Agreeing investments and monitoring performance against targets at the LEP level.
Appointments will be made for a 3-year period. The committee will meet a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 12 times per annum dependant on the implementation stage of the programme.
Coventry and Warwickshire LEP are inviting applicants to provide a covering letter stating which sector they wish to represent and why. This should be supported by a current Curriculum Vita and returned to email@example.com by 22nd October 2014. Applicants will also need to provide relevant references as part of the application process and they must include contact details for referees (including a telephone number and email address) as part of their application.
For questions regarding the appointment of Local Management Committee members please contact Roger Dowthwaite, at Coventry and Warwickshire Local Enterprise Partnership, on 01926 418000 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The full terms of reference for the ESIF Local Management Committee are available on the CWLEP website http://www.cwlep.com/downloads