Through talking to businesses across the county, it has become increasingly apparent to Warwickshire County Council and the Coventry and Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce that skills shortages are a significant barrier to growth for most businesses in the region.
Last month saw the launch of the county council’s five point plan to support businesses in tackling skill shortages. Now collaborating with the Coventry and Warwickshire Chamber of Commerce and Kenilworth's The HR Consultancy the county are pleased to announce the five steps to tackle such shortages and support in building tailored plans to suit individual business needs.
What is the five-point plan?
- One: Complete the Online registration form to join the campaign and benefit from the great support available.
- Two: Engage with a dedicated business skills advisor to discuss your skills needs and issues faced.
- Three: Attend 3 workshops designed to offer lots of useful tips and many strategies to consider when addressing skills shortages.
- Four: Working with your business skills advisor, identify which of the strategies or tips from the workshops you would like to replicate in your business and build effective skills plans utilising the support identified.
- Five: Regular contact and reviews to track progress and link additional support if or when required.