Open Call Guidance
Since it was established in 2011, the Coventry and Warwickshire Local Enterprise Partnership (CWLEP) has managed more than £360 million of funds which have contributed to projects to enable the area’s growth and create jobs.
Applications are now being invited from businesses and organisations to establish a further pipeline of projects or programmes which the CWLEP could invest in.
Applications will open on Tuesday, May 1st and close on Friday, August 31st 2018.
- All applicants are required to complete a full business case application and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on the 31st August 2018.
- Successful applicants will need to prove their ideas will have a significant positive impact on Coventry and Warwickshire’s economy and that they will be produced on time ahead of 2021 when Coventry is UK City of Culture and 2022 when Birmingham hosts the Commonwealth Games.
- Projects must be ready to start on the 1st April 2019 and must be financially and practically complete by 31st March 2021 which is the expiry date of Local Growth Fund.
- All projects will be assessed by a fully compliant green book appraisal, details of the CWLEPs scoring process are detailed in the CWLEP's Assurance Framework:
In support of their applications, projects applicants are asked to submit the following additional documentation:
|Question (see business case application)||Supplementary Information requested|
|B10||Appendix A output spreadsheet|
|C10||GVA & BCR Calculations|
|D8||Evidence of planning permission / other statutory consents|
|D9||Methodology for overhead calculations|
|E1||Appendix B project and match finances|
|E4||Direct project cost breakdown|
|F1||Project Gantt chart|
|G2||State Aid Form|
|G3||Equality Impact Assessment|
All transport projects are required to complete this business case form. However, they must also demonstrate that a proportionate assessment in accordance with the Department for Transport Appraisal Guidance (WebTAG) has been undertaken, and that the relevant supporting evidence from that assessment is appended to the submission. Transport project sponsors who require any guidance and support in relation to the Transport Guidance Appraisal process can contact the lead LEP officers for transport:
- Adrian Hart, Team Leader, Strategic Transport Policy and Projects, Warwickshire County Council (e-mail: email@example.com , Tel. 01926 412111)
- John Seddon, Head of Transport & Innovation, Coventry City Council (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 024 76834028)
1st May 2018 - Call opens - published on CWLEP website
31st August 2018 - Call Closes
3rd-30th September 2018 - Applications assessed
26th November 2018 - Recommendations presented & decisions made at CWLEP board
1st-10th December 2018 - Projects informed of funding decisions
10th December 2018 - Notice of decisions published on CWLEP website
January - March 2019 - Contracting & Due Diligence with projects
1st April 2019 - Projects to start